Firefox OS devices made to market very recently. The platform as such is new and it’s in its infant stage so it’s not a big problem and can take little more time to emerge. However it looks that the hardware manufacturers are ready to embrace Firefox OS. ZTE Open C launching thru eBay across the U.S and Europe. The ZTE Open C smartphone runs Firefox OS 1.3 which comes with a lots and lots of improvements to their software comparing to the previous version of Firefox OS.
ZTE Open C is packed with a 4 inch WVGA display, 1.2 Ghz dual core process, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of internal storage, 1400 mAh battery, 3 MP camera (on the back) and the device supports dual SIM standby.
New features in Firefox OS 3.1 include:
- Access to music controls from the lock screen.
- Email notification support.
- A camera app that can continuously focus for fewer blurry photos and videos. (It needs a supporting hardware though)
- Faster app startup and faster scrolling.
- Adaptive search: It shows results from web and also results from the Firefox Marketplace. Mozilla distributes Firefox OS apps on the Firefox Marketplace (similar to Google Play).
- Real-Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) support. It’s a standard used to send audio and video streams.
The ZTE Open C smartphone can be purchased for $99.99 off contract and locked vie eBay in the U.S, the UK, Germany and a lot of European countries. Not to mention 14 days money back available in eBay when you purchase the Firefox OS powered ZTE Open C smartphone.