Samsung has released quite a few flagship devices this year and fans are now waiting for the company to come out with its “next big thing”. Yes, we are talking about the next in the Galaxy series, the Samsung Galaxy S6 for which the company has set up the Project Zero.
Although Samsung’s new smartphones have been doing well, its foothold in the market is slipping somewhat in recent months and the company wants its upcoming offering to be really something great. So according to SamMobile, the company is developing the Galaxy S6 right from scratch and this project has been aptly named as Project Zero.
The Project Zero is in early developmental stage and very little has been known about it but a few details about the specs have now emerged. The Galaxy S6 will have a Quad HD display with 2560 x 1440 resolution but the screen size is not known. The rear camera will be either 16MP or 20MP. The sensor will be IMX240 with optical image stabilization, the same as in Galaxy Note 4. The front-facing camera will be a 5MP one for taking selfies, similar to that found in Galaxy A series and Galaxy Grand Prime. The handset will have three internal storage options: 32GH, 64GB and 128GB.
The new Galaxy S6 will have Samsung’s own new Exynos 7420 processor, a 64-bit octa-core chip having 4 cortex-A53 and 4 Cortex-A57 cores. For LTE connectivity, the intel model being used on Exynos 5430/5433 will probably be replaced by the company’s in-house LTE modem – model SS333, or Exynos Modem 333. The device will also have a 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 variant. RAM will be of 3 Gigabytes which is quite sufficient. The Galaxy S6 will sport the new BCM4773 Broadcom chip that computes data from GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and other sensors on a single chip due to which the battery drain is reduced considerably.
(Samsung Galaxy S6 Concept Render)
Although the above details come from reliable sources, the specs may get changed as Project Zero is still in the nascent stage but it will surely bring some great changes in Samsung’s upcoming new smartphones.
Here’s a list of Galaxy S6 model numbers for various regions:
- Zero-F US – VERIZON SM-G920V_NA_VZW
- Zero US – AT&T SM-G925A_NA_ATT
- Zero EUR – OPEN SM-G925F_EUR_XX
- Zero-F CA (Canada) – BELL MOBILITY SM-G920W8_NA_BMC
- Zero-F US – SPRINT PCS SM-G920P_NA_SPR
- Zero CA – BELL MOBILITY SM-G925W8_NA_BMC
- Zero US – VERIZON SM-G925V_NA_VZW
- Zero-F – EUR OPEN SM-G920F_EUR_XX
- Zero US – T-MOBILE (US) SM-G925T_NA_TMB
- Zero US – SPRINT PCS SM-G925P_NA_SPR
- Zero US – US CELLULAR SM-G925R4_NA_USC
- Zero-F US – AT&T SM-G920A_NA_ATT
- Zero-F US – US CELLULAR SM-G920R4_NA_USC
- Zero-F US – T-MOBILE (US) SM-G920T_NA_TMB