Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced the biggest iPhone in the device’s seven-year history on 9th September. And then, five seconds later, he announced an even larger one.
Yes, Apple launched two new iPhones — the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus — both of them with the biggest displays of any smartphone in Apple Inc history. The iPhone 6 features a display measuring 4.7 inches, while the iPhone 6 Plus is even larger, with 5.5 inches.
Both smartphones feature rounded edges and are slightly slimmer than the iPhone 5s. Apple is promising improved battery life and cameras on both devices.
The iPhone 6 Plus is sharing the same internal specifications as the iPhone 6(Apple iPhone 6 complete review), but with a higher 1920×1080 resolution, piloting to a 401 ppi (pixels per inch). This cannot be seen as high as the quad-HD resolutions we’re getting from the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and LG G3, but it can be looked as a great upgrade for Apple devices.
The iPhone 6 Plus sports a 64-bit A8 processor chip with a brand new camera sensor. Similar to the iPhone 6, it has an 8 megapixel camera with True Tone flash sensor and a f/2.2 aperture.
The iPhone 6 Plus also provides optical image stabilization, a step forward compared to the the digital stabilization on the iPhone 6. It also has built-in cinematic video stabilization and allow users to take slow motion videos at 240 fps (frames per second), up from 120 fps with the iPhone 5S. It also has a new constant autofocus mode in video capture and an improved front-facing HDR shooter for selfies.
The iPhone 6 Plus will be available in three color variants — silver, gold and space gray from Sept. 19 in nine countries. Apple has priced iPhone 6 Plus at $100 more than the iPhone 6. It starts at $299 (with contract) for a 16GB device. A 64GB iPhone 6 Plus is $399 with contract and a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus is $499 with a contract. Pre-orders will start this Friday.
Brief Summary of iPhone 6 Plus specifications:
- Size::- 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm
- Weight::- 172g
- 5-inch HD Retina LCD LED-backlit display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, “401 ppi” with 185% more pixels than iPhone 5s
- 64-bit Apple A8 processor ( 50% faster graphics, 25% faster CPU)
- second-generation “M8 motion” coprocessor
- 16/64/128GB of onboard storage
- 8-MP camera with True Tone flash, f/2.2 aperture optical image stabilization,1.5micron pixels, continuous autofocus video and cinematic video stabilization.
- new 1.2-MP FaceTime HD camera
- Wi-Fi calling and Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- 150Mbps LTE support::- upto 20 LTE and VoLTE bands
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor (embedded in the Home button)
- Battery life (12 days of standby,14 hours of video,80 hours of audio, 12 hours of Wi-Fi browsing)
- iOS 8
- Apple Pay
Apple Inc has uploaded amazing videos to describe the great experience of having the new upgraded iPhone 6 and even bigger iPhone 6 Plus.