Apple has released updates for iOS 7.1.2 for mobiles and OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 for Macs. Both the updates primarily address the bug fixes and security issues.
The iOS 7.1.2 update
The iOS 7.1.2 updates fix some of the existing bugs and also brings certain security updates.
The following problems have been fixed:
- iBeacon connectivity and stability has been improved.
- A bug involving data transfer for certain 3rd party accessories including bar code scanners has been fixed.
- An issue with data protection class of Mail attachments has been corrected
System Requirements for the updates are:
- iPhone 4 or later
- iPod touch (5th generation)
- iPad 2 or later
- iPad mini or later
The update is available OTA or via iTunes. The size of the update is about 29MB.
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 update
This update is for all the Mavericks users and it improves Mac’s stability and compatibility and provides enhanced security. The update brings with it the Safari 7.0.5 web browser.
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Update takes care of the following:
- Fixes a bug that prevents some Macs from connecting to known Wi-Fi networks automatically.
- Fixes the bug that causes incorrect appearance of the background or Apple logo at startup
- Improves the reliability of waking from hibernation.
Software update is available on Mac App Store. The size of the update is estimated to be around 90MB but can vary depending on the computer on which it is installed.