ZTE is boasting that it sold out the first slot of Nubia X6 phablet units in less than ten seconds (9.8 to be precise). This is even faster than some of the records held by Xiaomi. Last year Xiaomi sold out 200,000 units of its M2S in just 45 seconds.
ZTE’s crafty “hunger marketing” tactic is particularly popular in China and involves releasing a hyped device online in limited stock which leads to a quick sellout. Unfortunately, we don’t know the size of Nubia X6 batch but chances are it includes no less than 10,000 units, perhaps even more.
The Nubia X6 is a rock-solid phablet with top-notch specs that includes a 6.44-inch full HD screen, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 801 quad-core chip, 2GB of RAM, dual 13-megapixel cameras and a 4,250 mAh battery. The rear camera has Optical Image Stabilization, auto-focus and flash; the front-facing one also has auto-focus allowing users to take some great selfies(the first phone to get this features).
Nubia X6 manages to have a slim profile having only a 7.99 thin metallic body. It also has narrow bezels allowing its display to look good. Another exceptional feature of this device is that it is coming with three mics for noise cancellation.This greatly improves its call quality.
ZTE has scheduled the next Nubia X6 flash sale for May 27 at 10am local time, but once again, sales will be limited to China.The smartphone is priced at CNY 2,999 ($481).
- Network: 2G (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2, CDMA 800) 3G (HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100, CDMA2000 1xEV-DO) 4G (LTE 1800 / 2600, TD-LTE 1900+/2300/2600)
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Display: 6.44 inches IPS LCD, 1080 x 1920 pixels 342 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974AB/ MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801
- CPU: Quad-core 2.3/2.5 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- RAM: 2 GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, optical image stabilization, autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 13 MP, autofocus, [email protected]
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: non-removable Li-ion 4,250 mAh