Android 4.4 developer version for the Xiaomi Mi3 has been released. Hugo Barra posted on his Google+ page, “We’ve just released the developer version of the Android 4.4 KitKat #MIUI_ROM for Mi 3.” The ROM can be downloaded from the company’s website which when flashed on the device to bring it to Android 4.4 KitKat developer version. It’s a developer version and they may be some bugs and of course it won’t matter for the users who are eager to test out the latest MIUI features.
The latest MIUI 4.5.9 (V5) ROM is of size 349 MB. Improvements and changes of this version are not limited to the below list.
- Xiaomi Mi3 WCDMA/CDMA will receive OTA update to Android 4.4 KitKat
- Optimization – Show pop-up notifications when clicking URL in MMS
- Fix – Sometimes app might FC when enabling cloud messaging in Mi Cloud
Lockscreen, Status bar, Notification shade
- New – Number of an app’s notifications shown on its icon supports third-party customization
- Optimization – Icons of toggles in the Notification shade
- Optimization – Status bar style
- Optimization – Do not support swipe down gesture for floating notifications
- New – App names and other home screen elements will automatically change colors with wallpapers
- New – Support auto-filling blanks after batch deleting icons in home screen editing mode
- Fix – Sometimes, icons were repeated
- Fix – Sometimes, icons in the Dock were in wrong order
- New – Support syncing songs to Mi Cloud (Settings – Mi Cloud – Music)
- Optimization – Use high definition pictures in the online music details page
- Fix – Incorrect round corners in the online music details page
- New – Show searching results in a new page after choosing Find in page for selected text
- New – Data saving mode
- New – Online page text font will change with theme font
- New – Support WML page
- Optimization – New kernel supports system theme font
- Fix – Music would continue playing after being discontinued
Mail, calendar and device security also improved in this version.
Xiaomi Mi3 users can download the ROM of Android 4.4 KitKat developer version from Xiaomi page. Once the download is complete you may proceed to flash it on your Xiaomi Mi3 device to experience & experiment the new enhance features of this version.
- Download the developer ROM version 4.5.9 （V5）
- Connect the Xiaomi Mi3 to the computer and copy the downloaded ROM to the downloaded_rom folder of the SD card.
- Open the Updater on the launcher, press the Menu button and then press Select installation file. Choose the downloaded ROM from the downloaded_rom folder.
- Once the update has finished reboot the phone to complete the procedure.