After almost exactly one year after Sony launched the Xperia A2 in Japan, the Japanese tech major has introduced another device in its Xperia A series, the Sony Xperia A4. Interestingly, Sony seems to have given Xperia A3 a miss.
Sony’s new Xperia A4 is pretty similar to its Xperia Z3 Compact that was launched launched by the company last year. The A4 has a compact design, measuring 128 x 66 x 9.1mm and weighing 129g. It is also dust and water resistant like most Sony mid- and high-range devices, certified to be IPX5/8 for dust and IP6X for water resistance.
Specs of Sony Xperia A4 (SO-04G) include:
- 4.6-inch Triluminos display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB native storage, microSD card slot for expansion up to 128GB
- 20.7MP rear camera with 25mm wide angle lens and LED flash, 2.2MP front-facing camera
- 2,600mAh battery with STAMINA mode
- LTE, Wi-Fi ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, NFC, GPS/GLONASS and MHL
- Android 5.0 Lollipop and Xperia UI
- Four color variants – Grey, Pink, Blue and White
Sony Xperia A4 will hit the Japanese market in mid-June. It is currently available for pre-orders at Japanese carrier NTT Docomo. It is not known when the device will become available in other markets. Its pricing has also not been revealed.
Check out the official images: