It seems like the race for the world’s thinnest smartphone will continue forever. A Chinese company Vivo has launched the worlds thinnest 4G LTE network compatible smartphone in its home country. Vivo X3L is an upgrade over the X3 smartphone measuring just 6.75 millimeters in thickness. It can now be purchased for around 2498 RMB( around $401 or 24000 INR) from Vivo’s official website as well as from Tesco, Suning and TMall.
Vivo X3L possess a 5 inch IPS capacitive touchscreen display with a 720 pixel screen resolution. It has 8 MP front camera with F/2.0 Aperture, LED Flash and it supports features like Geo-tagging, optical zoom, full high definition video recording…etc. X3L also features a 5 megapixel front facing camera and is equipped with a impressive 2GB of RAM and a 14.9 G B of internal data storage space. It has microSD, microSDHC card slots too which can be leveraged by the user to further expand the storage. Remarkably, this mobile has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926 processor and version 4.3 of the Android Jelly bean operating system.
Most Chinese devices are packed with the MTK6592 otca core chipset/ Android kit kat 4.4.2 OS and hence it is a bit surprising that VIVo X3L has a quad core processor. Anyways, this mobile below 25K has a 166 grams of weight and a 2360 mAh battery. It supports Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, GPS/ AGPS, microUSB, EDGE, 3G connectivity too.It has dual SIM support and will allow users to connect to two different carriers at the same time.
Vivo X3L is definitely a good mid-ranger especially with its ultra-thin body which will be the biggest selling point. Let us know if thin devices are what you’re looking for in the comments below.
Technical Specifications and key details:
- Networks: GSM (GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900), TD-SCDMA2000, TD-SCDMA1900, TD-LTE2600 (B38), TD-LTE2300 (B40), TD-LTE1900 (B39), TD-SCDMA, TD-HSDPA, LTE
- Dimensions: 71.1 x 143.3 x 6.75 millimetres
- Weight: 166 grams (battery inclusive)
- OS: Google Android 4.3 FunTouch OS 1.2
- Display: 5-inch IPS TFT, 720 x 1280
- CPU: 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 MSM8926 processor
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 16GB expandable using microSD
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with F/2.0 Aperture ,autofocus with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP
- GPS: Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging
- Wireless LAN: 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Battery: 2360 mAh