Infosonics might not be a well-known brand-name to most consumers still this San Diego-based company has launched by now quite a few smartphnoes and tablets out in the bazaar. The company focuses to bring mobile devices which as they claim , “unique, beautifully designed, feature packed and provide exceptional value”. Their newest product verykool S505 “Spark” Android smart-phone is undoubtedly gadget which meets all of these paramaters
The verykool S505, also known as Spark, runs on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, uses a 1.3 GHz quad core processor and has a 5-inch display. The company suggests that this gadget is planned to be updated with Android 4.4 KitKat by RedBand Software.
According to Joseph Ram, president and chief executive officer at InfoSonics, “We understand that the future of the industry is dependent upon our ability to offer robust applications that provide tools and resources that are important for our work and daily lives. We are on the forefront of this trend as exemplified by partnering with MobileTREC to bring their patented safety platform to verykool users. We believe our goal to provide the best value to our customers is met by the Spark, which combines smart functionality with an elegant design and one of the most advanced safety features available–all at a very affordable price.”
Here we go with technical specifications
- Android 4.2 will be loaded on the phone
- It will be facilitating the wireless 3G HSPA+ 21 ,3G with bands ranging within 850/1900/2100 and 850/1700/2100 respectively; 2G (850/1900)
- As far as connectivity prospect is concerned it provides Wi-Fi, modem tethering ,Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth,USB port GPS ,and A-GPS
- It has in-built CPU 1.3GHz Quad-Core will be powered by MediaTek
- With 512MB RAM on board and a 4 GB ROM with 2GB internal storage, external storage will be up to 32GB
- 5.0-inch 1280×720 HD IPS-LCD on-cell touch screen with full lamination
- Conversation services will include SMS and MMS messaging along with push e-mail, IM and SNS
- Built-in FM radio, multimedia player and recorder, 1080 HD video recording
- Powered by a 2,000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- On the hardware side it will be loaded with a speakerphone, 3.5mm audio jack
- and proximity/light/gravity sensors
- Packed along with charger ,Stereo headset, travel adapter
The impressive remark about the Spark would be that it is preloaded with the Personal Safety Services app from MobileTREC. Moreover, it will be first smart-phone in the market which comes with such a unique idea and application. This lets users to easily request for help whenever such risk is identified.
When the user presses the help-button on their smart-phone, an email and a text message is sent to their individual network of friends. The following information is sent :
- Notification about subscriber has pressed Help button
- Subscriber’s current location
- A link to join the live conference-call between the subscriber and Call Center
- A link which will connect with Safety Profile
This provision also lets 911 to be contacted and deployed on the scene.
For the hardware prospect the 5.0-inch display which has been combined with 720p resolution is actually appreciable. While this gadget uses a quad-core processor unfortunately with the meagre 512MB of RAM.
The verykool s505 has been priced at $199 unlocked and comes in a variations like single SIM and dual SIM versions.