The Chinese company Huawei does not have much presence in the US. But now, the company is increasing its footprint there by offering its Ascend Mate 2 directly to US consumers for the first time. It is a big 6.1-inch phablet that the company had unveiled in CES 2014.
The Ascend Mate 2 is now available for pre-order and the unlocked device will be sold for $299 through the company’s new website GetHuawei.com. Customers who pre-order the handset by June 22 will get certain freebies including a SIM card with $50 of free service and a protective case with preview panel.
Apart from the ultra-large 6.1-inch 1280 x 720p IPS display screen covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, the phablet has a big 3,990 mAh battery that can last for 60 hours of standard use.
Let’s have a look at other specifications of the Ascend Mate 2:
- 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor and Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB of built-in storage with microSD card slot to expand up to 32GB
- 13-megapixel Sony BSI Auto-focus primary rear camera with LED flash
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera with wide-angle lens
- 4G LTE Cat 4 high speed connectivity
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running and Huawei’s Emotion UI 2.0 Lite
- Dimensions: 161 x 84.7 x 9.5mm
- Weight: 202g
- Colors: Black & White
The Ascend Mate 2 smartphone is “Super Handy” and can be easily operated with one hand and also while wearing gloves. It has a “W.O.W” or “Windows on Windows” feature enabling the user to do 2 things at once due to the unique floating screens of the device. It has fast 4G LTE video streaming and a 79/21 screen to body ratio. The battery of Ascend Mate 2 is very powerful with a long life and Huawei calls it the “Weekend long Battery life”. It even has reverse charge ability and can charge other devices.
All these features in just $299 seems like a good bargain. What say?
Check out the Huawei Ascend Mate 2 video below: