Google Play Store 5.0 update has finally started rolling out with a Material Design and some new layouts. The update leaked out a few weeks back and marking a significant, but welcome, change in the Google Play Store. It’s also an indicator that the launch of Android L is coming closer, as more and more applications continue to get updated to support the new Material Design standard.
Google Play Store icon has become more horizontal and the whole Play Store 5.0 swanks a more colorful, bright and bold color palette which is the essential part of Google’s Material Design. The home page of the Play Store is showing categories like Apps, Games, Movies and Books in different bright color variants.
The update was spotted by Phandroid. It also features new icons and a redesigned sidebar. The back button is also a back arrow similar to the Android L back navigation key.
In case of the app pages, the ‘What’s New’ section has been placed at the top instead of being at the bottom after the ‘Read More’ button. The entire Play Store 5.0 is having small animations enhancing the navigation experience for the users.
The update to the Google Play Store might take some time to reach your device as it is being rolled out in phases. If you want to grab it now, you can follow the below installation steps.
Download and Install Google Play Store 5:
- Download Google Play Store 5
- Connectyour phone to your laptop or PC
- Copy the APK file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnectyour phone.
- Locate the Google Play Store 5file on your phone now and tap to install
- If prompted to select installer, then select“Package Installer”.
- Allow “Unknown Sources” from Settings > Security if prompted.
- Proceed with the installation and complete it.
- Once done, experience the change.
- That’s all!