We have heard postings on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus which bend when put in the pocket for some people. However, there is one report from a user saying that his iPhone not only bent in his pocket but it caught fire.

Phillip Lechter, an entrepreneur and business coach says his iPhone 6 bent so much that it punctured the battery which in the end caught fire. It happens when Lechter and his family were riding in a rickshaw in Tucson, Ariz then the rickshaw hit a trolley track on the road. Thus this event caused him to bump into the side of the metal rickshaw.

During the event, his iPhone 6 was placed in the front pocket that hit the wall. The end result is that the iPhone was bent nearly 90 degrees and punctured the battery even though he is using leather case as his iPhone cover causing his leg to be on fire. It was then a nearby spectator helped to put out the fire by throwing a cup of water to his leg. According to the doctor, he suffered a pretty significant burn on his leg.

“The doctor’s report described a 11.5 cm x 10.5 cm burn area on my right leg and classified the burn as second-degree with first-degree burns surrounding the area.”

“According to the doctor, the burn will require cleanliness, antibiotics and pain management for treatment”. Lechter wrote on his blog.

Apple did not respond to a request for comment as for now.

Pinterest