Sony has announced that they have officially started rolling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade for Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact smartphones. Users in the Nordic and Baltic regions are getting the firmware build number 23.1.A.0.690 and Kernel version of version Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. 3.4.0. The other markets will also gradually get these upgrades.
Samsung, LG and HTC have already updated their premium smartphones with the Android 5.0 Lollipop but Sony seemed to lag behind. However, Sony has now joined the bandwagon with the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop upgrade to its high-end devices, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact.
The upgrade includes the following new features:
* Fresh and streamlined user interface which is based on Google’s material design, but Sony has retained its “minimalistic approach to interface and application design”.
* New notifications and lock screen with customizable settings so that you get only the information that you need.
* Multi-user profiles and guest mode that allow family members and friends to use your phone. You can also create dual environments if you want, for example for work and play.
* The Android Xperia smartphone can also be used for work as it is waterproof and has a long battery life.
* Better storage control with the option to easily move apps from internal memory to SD card.
Check out the images below: